Monday, March 9, 2015

2015 Lambing Season begins

Sparkling started us off this lambing season with these two little guys.  They were born Sunday afternoon,  dark brown cormo-shetland cross lambs.  I did put my cross bred group together early this year, so I need to look a little closer at these girls as it is difficult to tell with all that wool on them.  I like to have them sheared before lambing begins, as it is easier to see what is going on.  We are scheduled for shearing next Monday, March 16th  I just hope we can get them all sheared without stressing any of the ewes who may be  really close to delivering on that day.

I had to get a pic. with our English Shepherd "Red"  he just loves the lambs.  He whines and wants to lick their faces, but Mama isn't too keen on him.


No comments:

Post a Comment