Sunday, June 1, 2014

Great Lakes Fiber Show

The 19th Annual Great Lakes Fiber Show has come to an end.  I would call it a great turn out and you couldn't beat the weather....another awesome year.
I wanted to say, "Thank You" to all who purchased fleeces from my sheep, this helps to feed them and this year I will be able to get some coats and try them.  This will help to keep the fleeces much cleaner.
THANK YOU !!!!

The fiber show was well represented with over 80 fleeces.  I didn't enter any of mine to be shown this year, but my friend Dave L. is and took 1st place in the fine fleece, natural color class with his ram 'Luxor'.
AND this same fleece took Champion Fleece, over all fleeces.  What a honor! 

The Algonquin Spinner and Weavers Guild, which I am a member of helped again with the fleece judging, as far as helping to get fleeces entered by the exhibitors and being the scribe for the judge and then the sales after the judging.  We all really enjoyed our time spent.

Soon I will begin to post pictures of ram lambs that I have for sale.  We have some really nice rams this year as we have two years under the management of breeding for fine fleeces and are seeing the change quickly from where we started in our breeding program.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment