Tuesday, April 10, 2018

#51 Audrey & #60 Zoe

 This morning Audrey had delivered her lambs. A ewe and ram
The ewe lamb did not survive, but the ram lamb is doing well
 These pics. were taken in the evening and this little guy has found 
the most comfortable place to lay.
Zoe, above seemed to have been in labor since this morning.
When I came home this evening she had made no progress so I 
wasn't going to wait any longer.  After tending to everyone's needs
I moved a couple of ewes out of this pen and slipped Zoe in.
Going back into the house to scrub up, I was determined that 
I was going to help her along.  With assistance we were able
to get ahold of the little spotted ewes legs and guild her 
out while Mom did her part.
When she was ready to deliver the second lamb, a moorit ram
again I kept constant tension on his little legs so she could 
do her part and deliver him.

I've had a few issues with deliveries this year I believe that I have overfed my ewes
causing their body condition to be a little too plump therefore some of the births have been distressing on the ewes and lambs.  I definitely need to be more mindful
when it comes to giving anything more than good hay.
   
This ends our Spring Lambing for 2018.
We might have some summer deliveries but 
we are not going to get too excited about this just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment