Saturday, April 7, 2018

#32 Butter Cup & #1113 Oregon

 Butter Cup delivered these twins last evening (4/6).  I went out
to check one last time before I went to bed and glad I did.
She was just beginning  to have the first lamb and I noticed...no feet! 
So glad I was home to be able to assists her.  The front legs of each lamb
were bent back.  Had I not been here I don't know that she would
have been able to push them out on her own.  
Butter Cup delivered twins, one ram, one ewe, both doing well..
so is MaMa.
 Last evening while I was helping Butter Cup, Oregon just wasn't 
there yet, as far as being ready to give birth.  So I did
come back out about 1:30am to check on her again and still
nothing happening!!  When I went out this morning she had 
already delivered this single ewe lamb.  I think she was a bit
worn out so I gave her a few squirts of nutri drench to give
her a quick "pick me up".
The little ewe is doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment