Saturday, March 7, 2020

Successful day of shearing

Although I have no pictures of the actual shearing this year
I did get some of the ewes afterwards and the many fleeces.

Thank you to all those who came out and braved the weather
to help us on our shearing day.
 Shearing went smoothly with all the help..."many hands make light work"!

 A few of the rams after shearing.  My black ram, in the bottom
right corner wanted some attention, you can just see part of his 
horn.
 More of the girls post shearing.  You could tell they were
glad to get their fleeces off.  Afterwards they were rubbing 
on every gate or feeder.
 Now we are on "baby watch".  It is much easier to observe their 
progress into late pregancy without their fleeces.
The first possible lambing date was Feb. 28th.
I think a have a couple that will be delivering soon.
The moorit (brown) ewe and black ewe in the center of 
this photo look ready now.

I am hoping that we can get the barn cleaned out next weekend.
I wanted to get it cleaned out prior to lambing, I hope everyone 
holds off till we get this done.
 I've had no time to go through the fleeces yet.
I've just made room for them.
I've arranged them by color.
This shelving unit has all the white fleeces on top (7 or 8).
3 pure black fleeces below the white (some were sold on shearing day).
The bottom two shelves have Shaela (2) and greys, from 
dark grey to light grey, (9)
The brown and brown color based fleeces are on my skirting table.
14 in total.  A couple of dark brown, one mioget and 
many shades of brown.

Anyone that is looking for freshly shorn fleeces contact me via email.

In May I will be sending out three large batches, white, grey and brown to have combed top made.
I usually get my product back in September.

I do still have some lovely dark grey combed top available,
also some fawn colored roving from this past years fleeces.


No comments:

Post a Comment