Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Lambing begins with #161 Troyana

I walked into the barn this evening to hear little voices...
 I went straight in with the sheep to see who delivered and what 
they had.  It was Troyana, she was so proud to show me her babies.
She was talking to me before I even got to her.
I had my phone out and took this picture immediately.
Troyana was looking at me as to say,  Look! Look what I have!!
 Troyana was bred to Two Tone.  These lambs are both rams.
That spotting pattern we were trying for has certainly come out
 I've been preparing for lambs, as I have several that look like they could 
go at any time.  I moved Troyana off into a corner pen, large enough 
to accommodate two more ewes with lambs.

Hopefully this will kick off with all of these lambs coming soon.
I would like to have a close age on all these lambs, it just 
makes for easier feeding arrangements as we move into 
creep feeding and weaning.  ...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment