Saturday, April 25, 2015

Lily

Lily delivered this cute little gulmoget ram lamb late this morning.  This was her first lamb and she did wonderful all by herself.  This little guy is out of Wintertime Barqs.

We are finally done with our lambing season...whew!  It's been tiring.  I have three of the crossbred lambs that I am supplementing with a bottle, morning and evening.  Everyone else is doing well.  We ended up with 23 ewes that were bred giving us 41 lambs.  Fifteen of these are crossbred lambs which will be sent to market at 50lbs.  We were pretty even with 20 rams & 21 ewes.
We have 26 shetland lambs, 18 ewes and 8 rams.  Some of these ewe lambs will be available to those looking to purchase lambs.  As far as I can tell (since I've not been 'hands on' with all the lambs) two of the ram lambs look to be polled so those two may be staying since this is the direction that I am going with our rams. 

I will begin evaluating my ewe flock soon as I have quite a selection.  I need to remove a few of the older ewes from the breeding program, who were part of my original flock but will maintain permanent residency.
Other ewes will be available for sale after lambs are weaned.  Right now I am thinking that in the fall I will be putting all of my breeding ewes to my Cormo/Shetland Ram and market all those lambs.
Anyone interested in Lambs, Ewes or Rams send me an email......

No comments:

Post a Comment