Monday, March 25, 2019

#167 & #125 Paula

Friday evening I always "tell the girls",  
"Ok girls, lets have those babies this weekend!" 
Because I know I'm going to be home and I'd rather be here,
knowing I can assist if needed instead of at work
wondering how things are going.

Well this weekend three of the girls did deliver their lambs.
Two of them delivered last night.
 Above, a first time mom (shetland ewe) which I have not named nor registered.
She was for sale last year and hadn't sold, so I cross bred her with my
Border Cheviot / Shetland ram.  This ewe is still for sale, she can 
be registered or sold as unregistered.  The lamb, a morrit ram.
 
 Above and below, Ewe #125, Paula was also bred to the 
Border Cheviot / Shetland ram.  She delivered two ewe lambs.
One white, the other katmoget with spotting, very similar to her dam.
All of these lambs will have their tails docked tomorrow and 
all of them will be available to go to new homes.


No comments:

Post a Comment