Monday, March 18, 2019

#131 -shetland/cormo ewe & #129 Willow -shetland ewe

New arrivals today.

 I have two Shetland/Cormo ewes in my flock.
They produce very nice white fleeces, a bit heavier 
than the purebred Shetlands.
 This year I bred both of them to the purebred Border Cheviot 
ram that I have right now.
 The ewe that delivered today gave us two long and linky ewe lambs.
These girls won't be staying here.  When they are weaned and
big enough (probably mid-late June) they will be going to 
a new home.  These girls would make someone a great addition
in a mixed breeding flock.

 This ewe is Willow, a purebred Shetland.  She is a sweet ewe and I was exited to see 
what she was going to give us this year. I bred her to Gordon,
one of our newer rams.  He is a Cape Flecket (spots)
 Well that Katmoget pattern is strong.  Both are grey katmogets.
The ewe lamb has a large white blaze on her head and face.
The ram lamb appears much darker grey.
It will take a couple of years with some of these lambs, putting them
back to other rams with spotting to get more spots or cape flecket pattern.
I do have a couple other ewes that were paired with Gordon
that have given me spots before, but the spots always faded away.
So I am excited to see what I get from them.
Stay tuned.....more to come, just don't know how soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment