Monday, March 13, 2017

First lambs of the season

#70 Laurel delivered her first lamb, a little black ewe lamb.  She 
was bred to Bian 1107, our black ram.  
This morning when I went out to the barn Laurel was just lying down and 
didn't bother to get up when I went in to put hay in the feeders...and 
she always gets up, afraid I might get to close to her or something.
Somewhat of a scared-y cat.
When I finished with the hay I left the pen and just watched from the outside.
Soon after I left she began to push and I could see little hoofs.
I went back to the house, came back out about an hour later and
the lamb was up and had already nursed.  She had a milk mustache.
I penned them up so they could bond and went off to work.
 When I came home from work Autum had delivered this set of twins.
She was bred to Apollo.
The one on the right with spotting is a ram.  The one on the left
is a moorit ewe.  Right now she is very dark, but you can tell around 
her eyes the brown color shows.   We will get a better look at her tomorrow
after she has had more time with her mom.
Many more look like they are ready to go, we'll see what tomorrow brings....

2 comments:

  1. Flashy kat ram! Looks like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's always exciting to see what you get from the parings.

    ReplyDelete