Sunday, May 29, 2016

Post Great Lakes Fiber Show

The 21st Annual Great Lakes Fiber Show
was a huge success!

We had great weather, awesome wool fibers in the show and sale area.
Sheep shows and sales, lectures, kids activities, classes to 
increase your repertoire and 100 vendors!

My "home" guild, The Algonquin Spinners and Weavers guild helps with the Fleece judging and sales.  We were happy to see such nice fleeces this year.  There were
153 fleeces at the show, most were available to purchase, some exhibitors' 
entries were there for judging only.  

The picture above shows some locks that I needle felted onto a square of felted roving.
What fiber is it???  
LINCOLN !!!
I know.....I know....I know,
I have so many shetland fleeces but I couldn't resist it.
I wanted to use some locks for felting and these sure are the ticket!
My picture isn't the best, but it washed up so easy 
and has such sheen.
This is a pretty fun fleece to work with, I plan to use 
most of it for felting projects.
I definitely will have to get another one next year.
Sometimes we need to step outside of our 
box and experiment with some of the other wool breeds fibers.
It will expand your skill set in spinning and fiber related techniques.

So....there is your justification to add another fleece to your stash
and you can say I told you so... 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment