Monday, March 3, 2014

Looking for a break in the weather



The girls are looking for some better weather and some tasty grass too!
This winter has really hung on.  Our extended forecast looks like it will be in the 30's and 40's.
It seems strange to say, but I am looking forward to it.  It will feel like a heat wave compared to what it has been.

I've been away from the computer for several months, so I will try and post regularly to update everyone with what we have going on here.

This Saturday, March 3rd we will be shearing our sheep, approximately 50 head will be sheared.
I have a wonderful young crew that comes in and within a couple hours all will be done.
Then the real work begins, when the weather cooperates with washing fleeces and having roving made or selling fleeces, roving and making items to sell at the various events we participate in.

Anyone who might be following my blog and be interested in fresh raw fleeces would be welcome to visit on our shearing day.  Just email me and I can give you more details.  I will have a crew of fellow spinners that will be helping with the sheep.  There is nothing better than getting to sink your hands into a freshly shorn fleece and what a great experience it is for any spinner to experience the different types of fleeces and colors.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment