Saturday, March 22, 2014

Welcome Spring!! New lambs!



We began our lambing season Friday evening.  This ewe's name is Oregon, a grey Katmoget
She delivered two beautiful Katmoget ram lambs.  I didn't get a lot of 'hands on' time with them, as she was doing quite well by herself.
She was bred with Sheltering Pines Grand Luxe, a very fine fleeced fawn ram.
I'm sure either of these two little guys would make someone a great ram.


  



One of my Shetland crossbred ewes also delivered last evening.  I put my crossbred group together with three rams, a purebred white shetland, a shetland/rideau arcott cross and a shetland/cormo cross.
She delivered two ram lambs, one white and one black.  Everyone is doing well.

We have about 24 more ewes to deliver, many of my finer fleeced ewes I have bred with Grand Luxe.
Can't wait to see what we get.........just hope it's not a ram year as it has started so far.

Oh, and you were right Michelle, my crossbred group did not breed earlier as I had hoped......genetically they're just not inclined to breed in September.

Happy Lambing to everyone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment