Saturday, October 8, 2016

2016 Algonquin Mill Festival

 The Algonquin Mill Festival will be going on today and tomorrow.
We have been blessed again with beautiful weather for our event.
The above pic. shows the sales tent next to our guild, The Algonquin 
Spinners and Weavers spinners cabin.  Well, we have outgrown the cabin
and also man a two story log home that has been erected on the property.
Off to the left is a small red trailer which will have shetland sheep 
in a pen in front of it.  Everyone loves to come by and sit on a bale of 
straw and just touch them ... and they love it too. 
 Inside the tent are some of our wares,  The basket of roving is 
some of mine.  The wine rack behind is some of Dave Lewis's 
rovings.
 Our display of hats to sell are a little sparse so far, hopefully
other members of our guild will have more to bring for the weekend.
...another basket of lovely locks of wool, in smaller amounts.
...and who knew dryer balls were the hot item this year???
Not me!  I first made them on a whim in August. ... of course after
getting a pinterest post and thinking I've got just the wool I can use 
to make these.  A few years ago I sent some wool out to be processing into
roving and the woolen mill tore my very fine wool.
We settled up after the fact, but this wasn't a product that I would 
put out for a spinner to buy.  I've been holding it for two years 
figuring I would use it for felting uses.
Well they have been a hit and I've recouped my loses from that
one time processing that will not happen again.
Zeilingers Woolen Mill is my choice to have my wool
processed.  Anyway, I was hoping the 50 I had left would make it 
through our festival, only to have 14 left and still two days of 
festival to go.  So I was up late last night making more for today.
We will see how it goes today and if more will be needed.
I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment