Saturday, March 23, 2024

a stalled out lambing season continues

 We've almost double our deliveries in two days

Dave's ewe #200, bred with Stephanie Silver 
delivered this spotted single ewe lamb
She is just a little thing, typical of a Shetland.


#161 one of my Black Shetland ewes delivered this 
spotted Katmoget  Shetland ram lamb.
He is quite cute.


Later in the day when I removed the afterbirth from her pen
I discovered a small deceased lamb still wrapped within the placenta lining.
It's a complete guess on my end, but I would say that the lamb may have died 4 weeks earlier.
It was completely developed, although no fleece.  Yet the color of it was quite obvious.
A black and white spotted lamb.  He or She would have been quite a colorful addition.

#325 one of my crossbred ewes (Border Cheviot, Shetland and a bit of Cormo) was bred with my Cormo/Shetland ram lamb from the 2023 lamb crop.  She delivered a single white ewe lamb.
She has many of the skin wrinkles from the Cormo.  I think she is quite cute
and will have a wonderful fleece when she grows up.

#252 delivered this single ewe lamb this afternoon.  It is a moorit who's color will fade out to musket, 
a brown based color.

We have a few more to go yet and should be done with lambing
by the end of March.



No comments:

Post a Comment