Thursday, March 3, 2022

Shearing Day - Saturday, March 5th 8am

 Our shearing is will be here shortly.

We've been preparing for this day for two weeks!

Most of the sheep are coated and have beautifully clean fleeces.  A couple had their coats come off and I just didn't get them put back on, so they will have a small amount of VM.


Lambing will begin soon too!  I will be sure to post all of the ewes that deliver purebred shetland  lambs, I only bred 14 ewes pure.  Many of the ewes were crossbred this year and I will share lamb photos but they will most likely be in groups of lambs.


We have an "open house" on our shearing day and invite spinners to come and purchase freshly shorn fleeces from our sheep.

We plan to shear on Saturday, March 5th.  The shearer plans to be here at 8am.

Shearing will begin once he has arrived.

If you would like to come, just send me an email at: 

dschrader001@yahoo.com

I will provide further information for those coming to our open house.

Hope to see you!


No comments:

Post a Comment