Sunday, March 20, 2022

#210 Tallulah, #201 Lark, #247 Luvasia & #58 Jasmine

 Well I took Friday off work from my day job to "get myself caught up",

Well, many of the sheep kept me busy on Friday and Saturday.  
Needless to say I didn't get everything done that I had so planned to accomplish.

We had FIVE ewes deliver lambs on Friday
and again on Saturday, another FIVE.

I only had time to snap some quick pics. of the four ewes that gave us purebred shetland lambs.

#210 Tallulah

was bred to Diamond Fred.  She delivered twin rams, a grey katmoget and a black.

#201 Lark
Bred to Diamond Fred delivered a single black ram lamb.

#247 Luvasia
Bred to Moogega delivered a single ram lamb.

#58 Jasmine
Bred to Moogega delivered a single ram lamb.  This was our only delivery today.
We repeated this breeding, hoping for a ewe lamb.  Last year she delivered 
twin ram lambs, of which we decided to keep one of the lambs, who is a very striking 
spotted dark grey with an 18.9 micron average.

This little guy will probably be similar.

Many of these ram lambs will available to new homes.  We expect to have very good micron numbers from them since the two rams that were used this year had 19 & 22 micron averages.

More to come, stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment