Thursday, May 16, 2019

#194

I turned the ewes out early this morning, the weather guys said that we were going to 
have a beautiful day today...so I wanted the girls to enjoy their grass today 
because the rain will be coming.
So this evening when I went out to check on everyone  I spied waaaay out
in the pasture one of my expecting ewes with a little something that had
her complete attention.
 (I haven't gotten around to registering the ewe yet, but we will soon get that done.) 
This handsome little ram lamb.  His Sire is Black Pearl.
It appears that this little guy will have horns, his body is completely black
except two rear white stockings and a white tail.
As I've mentioned before, we are working to get some spots in the flock.
The white ewe is out of our spotted ram , her twin is a black ewe.
So with this second generation some spotting is starting to pop up 
in the lambs.

We've had several ram lambs with similar markings, some scurred, possibly polled and also horns.
This are all going to be interesting rams.  We will have to let them grown and see
what they develop into.  That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment