Friday, July 6, 2018

another Surprise!!


This yearling ewe delivered her carbon copy of a ewe lamb
last evening.  I didn't notice that she might possible be due
until two or three days ago and only because she had
started to udder up.  She was a fairly thin ewe and I didn't have 
the slightest idea that she was bred until a couple of days ago.
A side note: please excuse her terrible looking fleece,
she was roo-ed and then clipped were the fleece was not ready 
to be roo-ed.  She will be trimmed up one the fleece has had
time to grow out some. 
This yearling is also another RR - scrapie resistant ewe.
 So is Fergus, he is RR also.
So these  two little ewes (half sisters through their Sire - Fergus).
Will both be RR - scrapie resistant ewes and they both
have tight curly wool, a good indication of a fine wooled sheep.

So as of now I still have one more ewe (my old girl) that is expecting.
I didn't pull Fergus out until after we sheared on March 9th.
So we could potentially have lambs through August 3rd...
I really, really, really  hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment