Friday, February 11, 2011

The Sock!

This is the sock I've been working on for several weeks. I haven't made a complete sock before, only a large slipper on large needles which was then felted about two years ago.  Then of course one that I worked passed turning the heel only to see that it was going to be too small and tight.
So when I began this one I cast on 100 stitches and pretty much had to adapt the whole pattern, the ribbing turned out great, the foot is a little to big, but I am one of those people who just can't follow the directions, I am always adapting things.  I am going to make a match to this one.
I used Regia stretch sock yarn with size two needles.  I bought this yarn at a craft show, but I believe you can also find it at coatsandclark.com
As soon as I finish this second sock I am going to begin another pair, I will revise them also.  Trying with a cast on of 80 stitches, all the while making notes for future reference in my sock making experience. 
Making a pair of socks is really pretty neat when you think about it, it's just finding the perfect pattern for you and the type of yarn you are using.  My sock making skills need improved, but I am sure with practice this will happen.

On another note, I am waiting in anticipation of seeing my sheep shearing date to be scheduled with my shearer.  Can't wait to get those girls sheared I need wool to work with for my projects.
As soon as I know my shearing date I will let you know, this is a very interesting event. 

1 comment: